Two more users have recently submitted new translations for Universal Extractor. As before, you can download them from the main UniExtract page, or by using the direct links below.
Thanks to both new contributors.
A few contributors have sent in some new and updated translations for Universal Extractor 1.6. If interested, you can download them from the main UniExtract page, or just use the direct links below.
Much thanks to the volunteers who took the time to create and update these translations.
After a really long release cycle, the final version of Universal Extractor 1.6 is ready to go. This version improves on the core functionality of UniExtract, most notably:
It also, of course, includes support for additional formats, as well as the latest versions of support binaries such as 7-Zip.
I know this has been a long time coming. I hope you find it was worth the wait.
A number of visitors have posted to the LegRoom.net Forum over the past few months (mostly about Universal Extractor), but unfortunately I've been rather lax about responding to the posts. Just as I haven't been able to spend much time on developing UniExtract lately, I also haven't been able to spend much time on support.
Last weekend I spent some time going through all of the unanswered posts and replied to each. If you had made any posts to the forum in the last few months, please check back to see if your question was sufficiently answered. If you need anymore assistance, please post a reply and I promise I'll get back to you much more quickly this time. :-)
For anyone else with comments or questions about UniExtract, this website, or any other apps hosted on this site, the LegRoom.net Forum remains the best place to seek help. Just keep in mind that it may sometimes take me a couple of days to reply to your post.
I just uploaded a release candidate for Universal Extractor v1.6. Details and download links can be found in the MSFN forum thread. If all goes well, we should actually have a 1.6 final release relatively soon.
All of Legroom.net was offline from Monday through Wednesday morning. This is because my truly dumbass server colocation provider:
Once I finally got someone on the phone, and was informed of the extremely unexpected data center shutdown, I was told that all servers were being moved to their Dallas data center facility. All Chicago customers were supposed to have been notified 60 days ago of the move, which didn't do me a whole lot of good as I wasn't yet a customer 60 days ago. Not that it stopped them from selling service in that data center anyway. Fucktards.
So the server was supposed to be available again Tuesday afternoon. Needless to day, Tuesday afternoon, evening, and night all passed, and still no server. Finally I called again Wednesday morning to see wtf was going on, and was told that the server had already been powered up (since about 9:30pm Tuesday night, according to my logs), but nobody bothered to connect a damn ethernet cable.
Everyone I spoke with during this ordeal (once I finally figured out how to get in contact with them) was polite and seemed genuinely surprised and regretful that I had not been contacted about the relocation, and moving an entire data center in two days is no easy task, so it's hard for me to be upset with them on that level. But the complete and utter lack of notification, the fact that I was sold a plan in a data center that was already scheduled to be shutdown, and the apparently lack of competence necessary to connect an ethernet cable to bring the server back online is just flat out unacceptable.
Alright, I'm finished my rant. For now. Just wanted to let everyone know what happened. With any luck (well, a lot of luck with these people), Legroom.net stay online without any more unexpected outages.
Somebody just pointed out to me that the download links for AutoFLAC were not working. This occurred during one of the server migrations I've been working on over the past few weeks, so I'd say it's probably been unavailable for about 2 weeks. I do apologize for this oversight - the autoflac binaries are (currently) served from a separate server than the rest of the files on this site, and I simply overlooked this when migrating servers.
For now, this has been corrected by copying the files back to the appropriate location. In the near future, I'm going to setup a new download system so that all files are tracked and served from the same location, which will prevent this issue from reoccurring, as well as giving me some more flexibility and control over the downloads. Stay tuned.
Oh, and speaking of AutoFLAC, I should mention that development is still ongoing (same with Universal Extractor), just at a much slower pace than in the past. There are numerous reasons for this, which I won't get into here, but I did want to let all of you know that updated/enhanced versions are still coming at some point.